4.8.14

Jack O' Lantern Mushrooms




We found these beauties while foraging along the Flambeau River.  At first we thought they were Chanterelles, but upon further investigation, found out they're Jack O' Lanterns, a toxic look-a-like.  They do, however, make a natural dye, so as soon as they're dry, I'm firing up the dye pot.



1 comment:

  1. Oh! I love Jack O'Lantern mushrooms! Have you seen them glowing in the dark? It's the neatest blue green light that comes off of their gills!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...