My guys roll on the floor laughing at anything that makes a sound even remotely close to a fart, so I knew they would love making homemade flarp! Call it flubber or whatever you want, but when you trap an air bubble inside the slimy glob and squeeze, an obnoxiously loud flatuating sound ensues along with a roar of laughter from anyone with in ear shot! Mamas you don't have to admit it, but you'll try it more than once and laugh hysterically too!
Recipe for laughter::
8 oz (two small bottles) white craft glue
1 cup water
1 cup warm water
1-1/2 teaspoons borax powder
1 package of Kool aid
1. Pour the glue into a large bowl. Add water and stir until blended. Add Kool aid powder and stir until mixed well. Set this mixture aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the warm water and borax powder until the powder dissolves.
3. Slowly pour this mixture into the glue mixture, stirring continually for two minutes.
4. Knead the glob with your hands until it's smooth and stretchy.
5. Let sit for about 10 minutes
6. Laugh your head off!!
Store in an airtight container.
*Note: The recipe only called for 1 1/2 t. of borax, but we used a lot more! Just keep adding a little at a time until it gets thick and rubbery.
Labels: homeschooling, tutorial